[News] Stallman Facts

15 Mythical and Humorous Facts About Richard Stallman

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. Richard Stallman doesn't use web browsers, he sends a link to a demon that
| uses wget to fetch the page and sends it back to him.
|
| 2. Richard Stallman is the only man alive who can pronounce GNU the way it is
| meant to be pronounced.
|
| 3. Richard Stallman doesn't read web pages. They write to him.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/06/15-mythical-and-humorous-facts-about.html

He sticks to principles.

Recent:

Honorary Degree Recipients

,----[ Quote ]
| Richard Stallman
| Free Software Advocate
|
| Richard Stallman is internationally recognised as a leader in the free
| software movement, which argues that everyone should be free to run, share,
| study, and modify software. To understand the concept of free software,
| Richard says, “You should think of free as in free speech, not as in free
| beer.”
|
| Born in New York City in 1953, Richard Stallman graduated from Harvard with a
| BA in Physics in 1974 (one year before Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard to
| create Microsoft). While studying at Harvard, Richard also worked as a staff
| hacker at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Artificial Intelligence
| Lab, where he learned how to develop operating systems. After graduating, he
| continued working at MIT until 1984, when he left to start the GNU
| (pronounced guh-NEW) Project.

http://agora.lakeheadu.ca/agora.php?st=327

RMS and His Magic Bread

,----[ Quote ]