[News] [Rival] Microsoft Throws Funny Money at Mississippi After Business Crimes

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Throws Funny Money at Mississippi After Business Crimes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:39:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft settles suit with Mississippi for $100 mln

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft faced a rush of class-action suits on behalf of consumers in
| individual states after a U.S. federal judge found in 2000 that the world's
| largest software company abused its monopoly power by tying its Internet
| Explorer browser to its Windows operating system.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTechMediaTelecomNews/idUSN1152686420090611

'Funny money' settlement, encouraging even more sales.

Related:

Crimes Microsoft Gets Away With - So Far

,----[ Quote ]
| News publications are cautious about making accusations, and because of that,
| some nasty acts of Microsoft are essentially being erased from the record.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft convinced Baystar Capital to put $50 Million dollars into SCO's
| lawsuit against IBM and other Open Source users, and promised to "backstop"
| Baystar's investment if SCO lost money, according to this sworn testimony.
| But I'm told that one person's testimony, even sworn testimony, isn't proof.
`----

http://technocrat.net/no-cache/d/2008/7/30/46981

Microsoft tries to avoid Ballmer deposition in Vista suit

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. Chief Executive Steve Ballmer is the subject of a new legal
| squabble in a lawsuit over the company's Windows Vista marketing practices.
`----

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2008/09/29/daily37.html

Is MS Preening in Public Posts?

,----[ Quote ]
| The author of the email, posted on ZDNet in a Talkback forum on the Microsoft
| antitrust trial, claimed her name was Michelle Bradley and that she
| had "retired" from Microsoft last week.
|
| "A verbal memo [no email allowed] was passed around the MS campus encouraging
| MS employee's to post to ZDNet articles like this one," the email said.
|
| "The theme is 'Microsoft is responsible for all good things in computerdom.'
| The government has no right to prevent MS from doing anything. Period.
| The 'memo' suggests we use fictional names and state and to identify
| ourselves as students," the author claimed.
`----

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/1999/02/17745

Unclear if Microsoft memo will be allowed evidence

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKL1051259520070910?rpc=44