[News] Business Edition Linux Helps Migrations on the Desktop

BEL Project: The Small Business and Schools "One Stop Shop" to adopting Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I am proud to announce, on behalf of the BEL Project team, that BEL Project
| (Business Edition Linux) is here to help.
|
| BEL Project is targeted to the Small Business as well as School communities.
`----

http://linuxgeeksunited.blogspot.com/2009/06/bel-project-small-business-and-schools.html

Is Android the key to the GNU/Linux desktop? Really?

,----[ Quote ]
| I have been talking about the convergence of telephony and desktop computing
| for years. Nowadays, more and more companies are announcing small devices
| (“netbooks”) that will run Android — and we are not talking about phones
| here. Is this the beginning of a new revolution? Or maybe not?
|
| [...]
|
| More interestingly, hardware makers are making (or are considering making)
| small laptops which will come with Android rather than Windows XP (!) or
| Ubuntu. This hasn’t happened yet, but everybody is expecting it.
|
| More interestingly, Ubuntu developers are talking about finding the best
| possible way to integrate Android applications within Ubuntu. This pretty
| much confirms that they expect Android to be “the next big thing” in the
| client-side computing world. Write once, run everywhere — for real this time.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/android_key_gnu_linux_desktop_really

Recent:

Linux Makes the Grade in California Schools

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linux.com/news/enterprise/case-studies/16798-linux-makes-the-grade-in-california-schools