Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 13th of June, 2009.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 13th of June, 2009.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:00:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.31

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2009.

This report covers 929 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     258  906757     1%
   2. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            94  152016    82%
   3. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        87   85375    62%
   4. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>       55   60588    75%
   5. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         52   77131    21%
   6. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    50   29309    66%
   7. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            38   67558    51%
   8. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        31   45068    28%
   9. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      27   41084    76%
  10. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>               24   22971    63%
  11. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          20   31485    73%
  12. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          18   12379    56%
  13. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>              17   27830    52%
  14. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>           16   22470    42%
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          16   12645    70%
  16. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                  15   16576    63%
  17. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                      13   19829    79%
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>               13    3692    51%
  19. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                       11   15356    82%
  20. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                               8   11113    81%
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           8   11989    68%
  22. Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                7    7857    70%
  23. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.    6   14058    35%
  24. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  4    5380    76%
  25. General Patron <GP@xxxxxxxxxxx>                    3    1361    67%
      Mart van de Wege <mvdwege@xxxxxxxxx>               3    2014    64%
      <CountFloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       3    2339    26%
      Philip <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                           3    4499    78%
  29. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>              2    4475    92%
      Lusotec <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>                        2    1916    45%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. Possible Record for Java Programming, New GNU Util       56   58706
   2. [News] Mono is a Disaster, OpenSUSE Drifts Further       38   49861
   3. Ubuntu installed in 6 mintues and booting in 15 to       33   61282
   4. Mono is a Disaster, OpenSUSE Drifts Further Away f       31   45142
   5. Windows XP crapped out once more -- best course of       28   34666
   6. An open request to this group                            27   26595
   7. Micro$oft's "skillz"                                     26   31565
   8. Microsoft Windows Vista WiFi sucks, will Vista7 be       24   36535
      Proposed new unit of willpower                           24   15676
  10. Crap, another Vista problem                              22   26469
  11. My recent trip to the superstore to look at netboo       21   29403
      [News] MAFIAA Sued (Directly) for $5 Million, by C       21   31293
  13. Microsoft should stop selling Windows in Europe          14    6936
      Let's see how much the Softies know about their ow       14    7232
      [News] China Makes Windows Executable to Spy on Ci       14   18492
  16. 1 year ago: 100 schools in Catalonia to migrate to       13   20826
      Linux first OS to have USB3 support                      13    6794
  18. Got to work on the Vista machine again                   12   21248
  19. Wife's Windows XP Crapping Out                           11   17247
      Another American company sweeped away by ARM & Lin       11   19723
      Ah... The freedom of Open Source!                        11   11957
  22. Vista SLOPWARE                                            9    9457
  23. [News] Poor Windows Can't Do Online Banking, GNU/L        8    5891
      [News] Men's Wearhouse Switches to GNU/Linux              8   11642
      Windows Usability                                         8    7235
      eeePC at Woot for $170                                    8    5119
  27. [Stop the Press] No IE onboard Windows 7 in Europe        7   12913
      McAfee downplays service pack fail                        7    9204
  29. Ex-microsoft document... an old one.                      6    5552
      Invisible force destroying the status quo                 6    4054
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       56
   2. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      33
   3. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        26
   4. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     19
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   19
   6. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     16
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             16
   8. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           14
   9. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          10
  10. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                               9
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          9
  12. Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          8
  13. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                  7
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        7
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                            7
  16. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       5
      Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               5
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                               5
  19. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          4
      ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                              4
      jebblue <n@xxxxx>                                                 4
      GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                      4
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          4
      Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              4
  25. Darth Chaos <DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx>                          2
      Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             2
      Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 2
      Tony Sivori <TonySivori@xxxxxxxxx>                                2
      <CountFloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      2
  30. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           1
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    135
   2. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        76
      Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           76
   4. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       73
   5. Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           68
   6. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          67
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   66
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          66
      Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstromc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       66
  10. Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              64
      Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         64
  12. wispygalaxy <wispygalaxy@xxxxxxxxx>                              63
  13. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             62
  14. TomB <tommy.bongaerts@xxxxxxxxx>                                 61
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                      61
  16. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         59
      AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         59
      Sinister Midget III <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         59
  19. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     58
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                              58
  21. GreyCloud <cumulus@xxxxxxxx>                                     57
  22. SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                      56
  23. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             55
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           396
   2. slrn                                                            192
   3. Pan                                                             155
   4. Thunderbird                                                      76
   5. Forte Agent                                                      48
   6. G2/1.0                                                           20
   7. tin                                                              18
   8. XPN                                                              13
   9. Mozilla                                                           3
      ProNews/2                                                         3
      Gnus                                                              3
  12. Claws Mail 3.7.1cvs25 (GTK+ 2.12.9; i686-pc-linux-gnu)            1
      Microhard Lookout                                                 1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 09:00:24 up 15 days, 12:58,  2 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.12, 0.04