[News] Ubuntu Notifications Preview, Ubuntu One Debutsv

Interactive notifications mockup

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve read about morphing windows on the Wiki but I think that they would
| undermine consistency a bit. I’m attaching a mockup to this mail, but I’m so
| bad at using Gimp that much of what I’m proposing will be left to your
| ability of understanding me. :-)
`----

http://www.stefanoforenza.com/interactive-notifications-mockup/

Ubuntu One Beta Finally Kicks Off

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu One Beta, the Dropbox type of service by Canonical has finally kicked
| off, bt not for all. When my invitation arrived I quickly moved on to test
| it.
`----

http://www.kabatology.com/06/09/ubuntu-one-beta-finally-kicks-off/

Recent:

New notification work lands in Jaunty

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks to the concerted efforts of Martin Pitt, Sebastien Bacher and several
| others, notify-osd and several related components landed in Jaunty last week.
| Thanks very much to all involved! And thanks to David Barth, Mirco Muller and
| Ted Gould who lead the development of notify-osd and the related messaging
| indicator.
`----

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/265

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 130

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #130 for the week February
| 15th - February 21st, 2009. In this issue we cover : Ubuntu 9.10 - Karmic
| Koala, Announcing the Karmic Koala UDS, Jaunty feature freeze - Alpha 5
| freeze ahead, Kubuntu 8.04.2 released, New Ubuntu Members - Americas Board, A
| Call for US LoCo Team Mentors, Next Ubuntu Hug Day, Soon: Ubuntu Weekly
| Newsletter in Spanish, Global Bug Jams - Michigan-South
| Africa-Chicago-Berlin-Florida, New Notifications for Jaunty, Meet Martin
| Albisetti, AJAX in Launchpad, Canonical's April Surprise - More than Ubuntu
| 9.04, Barcelona - Canonical discusses Ubuntu Mobile Internet Devices, Meeting
| Summaries - Technical Board-QA Team-US Teams, Just for Fun, and much, much
| more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue130

Will Ubuntu 9.04 Be Jauntily Fast?

,----[ Quote ]
| When announcing Ubuntu 9.04, the Jaunty Jackalope, Mark Shuttleworth had
| hoped to make this next Ubuntu Linux release perform better and to
| boot "blindingly quick", in particular with Ubuntu beginning to appear on
| more mobile devices. Well, with Alpha 4 have been released earlier this
| month, are Canonical developers and the community in the right direction with
| making Ubuntu 9.04 boot quickly? We have boot-time benchmarks of the latest
| Ubuntu 9.04 work along with Linux desktop benchmarks comparing it to its
| predecessor, Ubuntu 8.10.
|
| [...]
|
| Ubuntu 9.04 is not being officially released until April, but already it
| appears to be in good standing. On the Intel Atom netbook we used for this
| round of testing, the boot time was shaved by eight seconds, which is quite
| noticeable.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_904_speed&num=1

My other OS is Ubuntu