[News] New GNU/Linux Releases: Tiny Core Linux 2.0, Mage, Untangle

Tiny Core Linux 2.0 & Micro Core Linux 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce the release of Tiny Core V2.0 and
| introducing MicroCore a 7MB no X environment iso based on Tiny Core
`----

http://tinycorelinux.com/forum/index.php?topic=1853.0

Tiny Core Linux 2.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Only eight days after the fourth release candidate was made available for
testing, Tiny Core lead developer Robert Shingledecker has announced the final
release of Tiny Core Linux 2.0 and Micro Core Linux 2.0. Tiny Core is only
about 10 MB in size and is based on the 2.6.29.1 Linux kernel. Micro Core is a
new 7 MB separate ISO that's based on the same core as Tiny Core, but does not
include the X environment.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Tiny-Core-Linux-2-0-released--/news/113471

Announcement of stable 0.10.0 ISO release

,----[ Quote ]
| After some time in the making, the Source Mage Cauldron team would like to
| present you with the 0.10.0 stable ISO! This is the latest stable ISO release
| for installing Source Mage GNU/Linux. It comes with many improvements over
| the previous 0.9.6 series of ISOs.
`----

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/sm-announce/2009-June/000282.html

Untangle 6.2 now available: supports Multiple WANs

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce that Untangle 6.2 is now available for download.
| Highlights of the release are our new multiWAN services: WAN Balancer and WAN
| Failover. Also included in this release is Ad Blocker, for filtering out
| banner advertisements.
`----

http://blog.untangle.com/?p=216

Recent:

Tiny Core Linux 2.0 RC4 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Tiny Core developers have announced the availability of the fourth
| release candidate (RC) of Tiny Core Linux 2.0. Tiny Core is only about 10 MB
| in size and is based on the 2.6 Linux kernel. The RC4 release now includes
| Micro Core, a new 7 MB separate ISO that's based on the same core as Tiny
| Core, but does not include the X environment.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Tiny-Core-Linux-2-0-RC4-released--/news/113418

Taking a look At Debris Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I won't do a full review of Debris Linux until version 2.0 is released. I
| generally consider it unfair to judge a distro based on beta or development
| code. What I can say now is that while I've found a few relatively minor bugs
| (which I will document and report, of course), I believe Debris Linux 1.7.0
| is surprisingly close to being ready for prime time. For a newcomer to Linux,
| the only issue that might be challenging is figuring out what to add to make
| hardware that isn't supported out of the box functional. Debris Linux is
| already worth a look if you want a small, simple Ubuntu-based distro that
| performs well. The developers are successfully sticking with their philosophy
| and meeting their goals for a compact distro while providing the basic
| functionality most people will look for.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20090601#feature

Review of Tiny Core Linux 1.2 and 1.3 RC2

,----[ Quote ]
| I have to admit that I never really saw the point of these mini distributions
| in the past where you had to use a cut-down set of applications which made
| life harder. Sure, they were small, but in a time when computers are really
| fast and powerful, who cares about little tiny systems that can't do
| everything out of the box? Well I never liked big bloated systems either and
| I'm a fan of simplicity. My time using Tiny Core has really opened my eyes to
| a completely different way of computing, and I love it. It's not a crippled
| tiny system with hopeless applications, but rather an excellent framework
| which you can then build into anything you want. The packages on offer are on
| the old side, however, and there is a limited range of software available. To
| me, this seems like the only thing holding Tiny Core back and is something
| that I'm sure will change over time. After having used Tiny Core for a short
| time, it does appear to have everything I need to work with out of the box. I
| can't wait to see what else I can discover.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20090330#feature

Interview with Robert Shingledecker, creator of Tiny Core Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| You would be hard pressed to find someone who had never heard of Damn Small
| Linux (DSL), the tiny Linux distribution which aims for a nearly complete
| desktop at under 50 MB. It's not the only mini distro, however. This week we
| interview Robert Shingledecker, former DSL developer and now founder of the
| new kid on the block - Tiny Core Linux. This distro is just 10 MB small and,
| as the name suggests, it boots to a core graphical environment. The
| possibilities don't end there, as Robert explains.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20090323#feature

Tiny Core Linux -- A Minimal Distro with Big Possibilities

,----[ Quote ]
| Tiny Core Linux runs great on minimal hardware and might be just what you're
| looking for to put that machine gathering dust in the basement to good use.
| The Opera browser provides a solid foundation for a simple Internet machine
| you could remote boot without even installing on a local hard drive. Other
| scenarios for utility computing require only a little research to get the
| right modules loaded and running. All that's left now is for you to drag that
| old machine out and give it a spin.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6702/1/

Tiny Core Linux Has Just 10 MB In Size

,----[ Quote ]
| Maybe the smallest desktop-based Linux distribution, which requires only 10
| MB free space on an USB drive, CD or an internal hard disk drive, Tiny Core
| Linux could give you a new experience and maximum Internet speed with a
| customizable X desktop and by running entirely in RAM. The Tiny Core Linux
| distribution is powered by Linux 2.6 kernel, Busybox, Tiny X, Fltk and Jwm.
| It shows fast booting speed and the latest version (Tiny Core Linux 1.2)
| comes with many improvements and bug fixes.
`----

http://www.downloadtube.com/blog/2009/03/11/tiny-core-linux-has-just-10-mb-in-size/

Tiny Core: A Linux desktop in just 10MB

,----[ Quote ]