Re: [News] Mono is a Disaster, OpenSUSE Drifts Further Away from Novell

Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

>    Miguel de Icaza
>    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
>    From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel.de.ic...@xxxxxxxxx>
>    Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 07:20:39 -0700 (PDT)
>    Subject: Re: Gnote 0.3.1
>
>    > Very well said.
>
>    > What you have to understand about COLA is that not one of them actually
>    > contributes to Linux or OSS.
>
>    > It's why they are calls "freetards".
>
>    They are the internet version of chickenhawks.
>
>    Not only they do not contribute any code, but the noise and propaganda
>    they produce actually slows down actual development and advocacy efforts.
>
>    > You will now be labelled a MS Shill by the "COLA community".
>
>    It is equivalent to be called an "anti-american" by Bill O'Reilly.  If
>    you are their target, you are doing something right.
>
> As I said, a really eye-opener, and a /hell/ of a way to treat your
> customers.

It's clear that de Icaza is just as much of a fanatic as those who
oppose him (e.g. me), although I personally take exception to that
label, as its popular use is invariably intended as a slur (bigot)
rather than a neutral statement (devoted, dedicated). However, our
passions seem to be diametrically opposed. Whereas I am devoted to
the principles of Freedom, and seek justice against criminals like
Microsoft who attack that Freedom, de Icaza seems devoted to those
same criminal, hence our opposition. For de Icaza to then label me
as a zealot (as he has done before) is sheer hypocrisy. Perhaps he
should take a look in the mirror some time, if he can bear to look
himself in the face. He's also blatantly lying about the fact that
people like me don't contribute. He should take a look at Fedora's
mailing lists, repos and bugzilla some time, or /Gnome's/ for that
matter, then come back and talk about "contributors". He is rather
too quick with his mouth for his brain to catch up, as shown by an
inability to even post the correct links to his /own/ projects, or
even know how to Google for them properly (yes really) in his zeal
to slap down any criticism of his criminal friends and their slop.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 19:52:22 up 9 days, 23:50,  3 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00