Re: [News] Fedora Dumps Mono/Tomboy, Goes with Gnote

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <20090604093135.3951.69037.XPN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Don Zeigler <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Erik Funkenbusch took another hit and mumbled:
>>
>> > Roy makes you guys look like idiots.  How do you not see that?
>>
>> How do Roy's posts make "you guys" look like idiots?
>
> Because this is the fourth or fifth version of Fedora he has claimed has
> dropped Mono, and this is the fourth or fifth time he made that up, and
> "you guys" continue to think he is an accurate news source.

What makes you think we think that, Tim?

> Also, because Roy's idea of citing a source is to cite himself, and "you
> guys" have no problem with that. It's astonishing how many of Roy's
> claims turn out, if you follow his chain of self-cites back until you
> finally get something that is actually a source, turn out to have no
> backing at all.

YOU care a lot more about Roy's links that we do, apparently.

> His newest trick, though, is kind of clever. Tweet about something, wait
> for someone to see his tweet and blog about it, and then cite that. It's
> ultimately still a self-cite, but it *looks* like a cite to someone else.
> Very dishonest--but at least in a clever way.

If that were really true, I've already given you the necessary formula for
innoculation against such propaganda:

   Use.  Your.  Own.  Brain.

--
Slow day.  Practice crawling.