[News] Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 Approaches Release

A Huge Update To Phoronix Test Suite 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| It has only been one week since the release of Phoronix Test Suite 2.0 Alpha
| 2, but we happen to be ahead of schedule on the third (and possibly the
| final) alpha release for 2.0 Sandtorg. In the past eight days there has
| actually been a very large number of changes to the Phoronix Test Suite, both
| to pts-core and the included test profiles and suites.
|
| [...]
|
| The latest release of the Phoronix Test Suite can be downloaded at
| Phoronix-Test-Suite.com. While most of the work for this open-source
| benchmarking software is done on Linux, the Phoronix Test Suite is also
| compatible with Mac OS X, BSD, and OpenSolaris operating systems.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzMwMQ

Related:

Phoronix Test Suite brings Linux benchmarking to the desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| PTS is a useful, easy-to-use, and well-documented application for all types
| of Linux users. As a reviewer it will help me back up my results with
| numbers. So while I find out how Fedora and Ubuntu perform in a virtualized
| environment, click to the next page for an interview with Michael Larabel,
| who owns Phoronix and is also the lead developer of PTS, in which he explains
| the motivation behind the project, the interest shown by hardware and
| software vendors, and upcoming developments.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/138463

Phoronix Test Suite 1.0.1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been two weeks since Phoronix Test Suite 1.0.0 was released and today is
| the first point release in the 1.0 branch. This update mostly incorporates a
| few bug fixes for some common issues and other minor improvements.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjUzNw

Benchmarking On Fedora Is Very Easy

,----[ Quote ]