[News] Windows Users Get a Taste of GNU/Linux with X-Win32

StarNet's X-Win32 First to Redisplay Full Linux/Unix Consoles

,----[ Quote ]
| StarNet Communications of Sunnyvale, California, a leading developer of
| Windows/Linux/UNIX connectivity solutions, today announced the industry’s
| first PC X server capable of re-displaying a full remote Unix or Linux
| console to a Windows desktop. X-Win32 version 9.4 also offers Windows users
| an innovative new way to connect to a remote host via a secure gateway host.
`----

http://www.thenewstribune.com/business/businesswire/story/661965.html

Sooner or later those users will realise that setting up GNU/Linux (in a
partition at least) is better.

Recent:

Wine status report: Photoshop CS3

,----[ Quote ]
| Wine is one of the fastest developed open source applications. A new Wine
| version is released every two weeks. Not only can you run World of Warcraft,
| but new and heavy games like Call of Duty 4 are also supported. One
| application that users have been wanting to run on Linux for several years is
| Adobe Photoshop. We’ve been doomed to use version 8 until recently. Google is
| helping out with the development to have Photoshop CS3 supported. As for now,
| Photoshop CS2 runs without any problems.
`----

http://jonramvi.wordpress.com/2008/03/11/62/

Google behind Photoshop's new Linux compatibility

,----[ Quote ]
| "About 200 patches were committed to winehq, and as of wine-0.9.54, Photoshop
| CS2 is quite usable," Kegel noted in a separate post.
`----

http://www.apcmag.com/8034/google_behind_photoshops_new_linux_compatibility

Related:

Does WINE + Linux support more Windows apps than Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| WINE supports most of the applications which are made for Windows
| 2.0 up to Windows XP. WINE has the ability to run different versions
| of IE, run most of Adobe's products, run World of Warcraft, Half Life
| 2, Microsoft Office 2003, XP, 2000 and 97, Visio, Quicken,
|
|     * Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
|     * Need for Speed Carbon
|
| [...]
|
| What about drivers, hardware support, and upgrades?
|
| Want to upgrade you XP to Vista? no chance. might as well do a fresh
| install and shell out $300.
`----

http://jagtalon.wordpress.com/2007/04/30/does-wine-linux-support-more-apps-than-vista/

Stop Wine From Beating Your Windows Apps With The Ugly Stick

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 8.04 is planned to have usability improvements for Wine, among these
| improvements is a theme for Wine applications that matches the GTK theme.
| Can’t wait until April?
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/01/04/stop-wine-from-beating-your-windows-apps-with-the-ugly-stick/

Wine is Getting Good