Re: [News] British Library's Gamble on Microsoft and DRM Backfires Badly

On 2009-03-06, Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark Kent wrote:

>>> British Library fears loss of history
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>>lost | as some sites close or the technology they have stored the
>>>information | on becomes obsolete.  `----
>>
>> Haha! That's really funny.  The BL went all Microsoft, and suddenly
>> they're worred about obsolesence?  Amazing.
>
><snip>
>
> It's a lovely day in NSW today, the sun is shining and white whispy
> clouds float lazily overhead, boyed up in a bright blue sky.

Yeah, there's a cyclone on its way towards the Nth QLD coast. We'll get
a ton of rain from it I reckon. They think the cyclone will be as strong
as Larry. I hope it doesn't destroy the bananas like Larry did.

> But after reading these articles, a dark stygian pall seems to have settled
> down around me.

Nah, That's just the air pressure falling.

> It's bad enough having Microsoft pollute the world with their toy OS, but to
> now lock up our academic knowledge is just too much.

They need to maintain their monopoly, because their crappy OS can't sell
itself.

--
Regards,

Gregory.