Re: [News] Internet Explorer 8 Still Breaks the Web, Angers Designers

On 2009-05-26, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> On Mon, 25 May 2009 13:37:59 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

>>> I said no such thing, Chris.
>>>
>>> I'm saying that too many people seem to blindly accept the "news" Roy and
>>> others present, without any kind of critical thought.
>>
>> We aren't obsessed with what Roy posts.
>
> I never said you were.  Odd that you would feel the need to defend an
> accusation that wasn't made.

If we don't go through every bit of what's posted, how is it that we're
supposed to take issue with it? Because *you* say so? Because we're
supposed to somehow know things aren't what (you believe) they should
be?

In case you somehow missed it, some people *have* commented on some
things that Roy posted, taking issue with headlines, remarking about a
disconnect with content, etc. Only an obsessed and lost soul would
"conveniently" overlook it.

That's OK. You have a habit of "conveniently" overlooking things when
you feel the need to go into one of your gripe sessions.

>> We may only read a small
>> fraction. Maybe no more than what's posted. Maybe no more than the
>> headline. Maybe not even that. The only ones here who read every jot
>> and tittle are you and Timmy.
>
> Really? Considering I only respond to maybe on out of 1000 of his posts,
> what makes you think that?

Responding isn't the same as reading.

> In fact, I seldom read much of anything from Roy, but when I do, it seems
> like > 50% of the time i see him being dishonest, either in his headline,
> in his comments, or the very fact that he's posting something he knows to
> be false (or should know, given that lots of available "news" already
> proved it wrong)

Roy sometimes posts links that contradict other links. I know he knows
it. I've seen him mention it. I don't recall if it was because he
brought it up himself first or when someone else commented on it (those
times when others, people other than you, Timmy and the various other
troll vermin, made mention of it).

Contradiction is all over the internet. One article says "high" and
another says "low". Both use the same information for making their
judgement. Or one article has more current information than another,
but the person reading both can't know right off which was first, which
is more accurate.

Reading the "news" posts requires a working mind on the part of the
reader to sort through the chaff and the wheat. Which probably
partially explains why some trolls dislike them so much. But that's no
different from watching TV news, reading newspapers, looking at news
websites and so on. If you can't think and filter for yourself that
might explain the attraction to Windows.

Posting the "news" posts is a service. The angrier it makes all of you
trolling buffoons the more valuable the service is. The rest of us have
the capability of figuring what is good and what isn't, what is
believable, what should be believed and what should be discarded.

>> Maybe you're redefining things again so that "not reading" or "barely
>> reading" means acceptance.
>
> What are you talking about?

It's not worth trying to explain it. But I've no doubt you're aware
what I'm talking about even if lurkers may not be.

Eee PC900 16G SSD 2G RAM Ubuntu 9.04
If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.
Linux: Because the computer is mine!