[News] MAFIAA's Behaviour Alienates Even Musicians

Artists Don’t Want Pirate Fans to be Disconnected

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, a group of music and other entertainment industry representatives
| urged the UK government to consider drafting legislation that would force
| ISPs to disconnect alleged pirates. This proposal now faces opposition from
| an unexpected corner as a coalition of top artists has spoken out against it,
| saying that disconnecting their fans is the wrong path to take.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/artists-dont-want-pirate-fans-to-be-disconnected-090518/

A living art reborn

,----[ Quote ]
| Digital technology has made music easier to make and copy, with the result
| that recorded music is about as readily available as water, and not a whole
| lot more exciting.
|
| This seems like bad news, until you pick up a copy of Time Out. Then you
| realise that the live music scene is exploding, for, unable to make a living
| from records sales, more and more bands are playing live. That experience
| can't be put onto a memory card--and people are willing to pay for it, and to
| pay quite a lot. Concert attendances are at an all-time high: recordings are
| increasingly ads for live shows, and live shows have become once again the
| real thing, the unduplicable.....
`----

http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/article_details.php?id=10784

Recent:

Creator of iconic Obama portrait arrested

,----[ Quote ]
| An arraignment is scheduled on Monday. If convicted on all charges, he faces
| up to three years in jail, Kenneally said.
|
| Fairey made headlines this week when The Associated Press claimed his Obama
| portrait infringed on its copyright to a photograph used for the artwork and
| that it should be compensated for its use.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE51626R20090207

Free Mathematics Books

,----[ Quote ]