Re: [News] K Desktop Environment 4.3 Looking Good, GNOME Elections Coming

wispygalaxy wrote:

> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> wispygalaxy wrote:
>>> KDE is trusted by a lot of people, including me.  Even CERN, which
>>> deals
>>> with advanced technology, is willing to depend on KDE.  This is great!
>>
>> If you look at the "making of" of "Lord of the Rings" you can see that
>> the guys at Weta used KDE workstations to generate their highly
>> advanced CGI.
>>
>> And they used them also to control the cluster running "Massive", the
>> program behind the vast number of warriors one can see in those movies
>
> I used to think that Macs were only used when studios made movies.

These days a gone.
Companies like Weta don't have money to throw away for getting Mac-
software which runs also on linux
And special effects companies like ILM (Industrial Lights & Magic from
George Lucas) have always been strongly linux (the "Star Wars" movies were
rendered on linux-clusters)

> But I
> then learned that Linux/OSS/KDE is responsible for a lot of work.  It's
> something to be proud of!  :)

Not really. It just points out that linux has evolved a long time ago from
that "geeks-OS" niche the resident trolls would like to portray it
--
Modern man is the missing link between apes and human beings.