Re: [News] Free Software Principles Pass to Other Areas

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ wispygalaxy on Sunday 17 May 2009 21:37 : \____
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> A breakthrough on data licensing for public science?
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>
>> [snips- Knode won't let me quote so many lines]
>>
>> Excellent post!  People think that FOSS issues only concern "geeks" and
>> computer enthusiasts.  It affects us all.  Just look at
>> the recent Pirate Bay court rulings.  A lot of these issues deal with
>> ethics, and it takes a lot of discussion to solve problems and come up
>> with solutions.
>
> Indeed. The original idea of Free software had to do with real freedom.
> Not the freedom people are told about (the fake "freedom") but that which
> means freedom, including sharing of ideas.
>
> Here is a good programme about freedom and how its meaning got warped:
>
>www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B6B9EE3203331822&search_query=bbc+the+trap

The FSF is a wonderful organization.  It deals with many freedom issues, not
just the ones dealing with technology.  As a result, it helps many groups
of people.  RMS has a good heart and truly cares about what he believes in.
I am thankful for what the FSF did all these years.

I got your link, Roy.  Thanks for the informative videos!  :D