Re: [News] Sun on Free Kernels and Some New OpenOffice.org 3.1 Benchmarks

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Sun shines more light on Open Source Kernels
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Sun Microsystems will hold its first-ever kernel conference in Australia
> | later this year. Perfect timing, says a company spokesperson, as more
> | and more companies turn to Open Source to remain innovative in harder
> | economic times.
> `----
>
> http://www.technologyandbusiness.com.au/server-hardware-software/News
Sun-shines-more-light-on-Open-Source-Kernels.aspx

Open office now opens a second document like spreadsheet in under one
second. Same with firefox and most other applications under Ubuntu 9.04.

The tables are now turned on applications running on Linux desktops. The
only things that keep me waiting for a second or more
are the -------> file managers!  <----------