[News] Canonical Launches Ubuntu One as Beta

Ubuntu One in Beta. Wait, WTF ?

,----[ Quote ]
| Seems like Canonical just released the Beta of their UbuntuOne service.
`----

http://www.stefanoforenza.com/ubuntuone-in-beta-wait-wtf/

It's now verified that this client is made with Python. They will hopefully
open-source UbuntuOne. It takes responsibility not only to receive but also to
give; I hear that Launchpad is already being freed in pieces.

Ubuntu One: Free Online Storage

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical has just released a new "cloud" service for all users: Ubuntu One
| starts today as an invitation-based Beta. There are two storage options
| momentarily: a free 2GB account and a $10/month 10 GB one. If you are
| familiar with services like Dropbox, Ubuntu One apparently does the same job.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-One-Free-Online-Storage-111347.shtml

Test driving UbuntuOne

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyway, on to the important stuff. Earlier today, I heard that UbuntuOne
| (Canonical’s Web-based file syncing/storing/sharing service) was beta testing
| and was accepting request for invitations. Of course, I jumped on it. And, to
| my surprise, I got an invite within a couple of hours.
`----

http://scottnesbitt.net/ubuntublog/?p=435

Recent:

French Lawmakers Hope to Inspire Linux Revolution

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/french-lawmakers-hope-to-inspire-linux-revolution/