[News] XBMC 9.04 for GNU/Linux Called "Impressive"

XBMC 9.04 delivers impressive media center experience

,----[ Quote ]
| The XBMC project has released version 9.04 of the popular open source media
| center application. The new version includes improved Linux support and an
| enhanced theming system. Ars takes the new version for a test ride to see how
| it compares to Boxee.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2009/05/xbmc-904-delivers-impressive-media-center-experience.ars

Recent:

XBMC (Open-Source Media Center) Has Been Updated to Version 9.04, Codename
Babylon

,----[ Quote ]
| XBMC (“XBMC Media Center“) has been updated to version 9.04, codename
| Babylon, available now for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Apple TV, the classic
| Xbox, and bootable CDs or USB drives.
`----

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/05/xbmc-open-source-media-center-has-been.html

XBMC

,----[ Quote ]
| If you are looking for a home media Centre, and have had it with figuring out
| MythTV, this is a VERY VERY good alternative to MediaCentre, Myth or
| TVersity. I think the interface is well written. and the software seems to be
| very well supported.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/33608

XBMC Running On an Atom-Based MID

,----[ Quote ]
| Someone's got XBMC running on one of those MIDs. This one
| is a Compal Jax10. It runs Linux and is powered by an
| Intel Atom processor clocked at 800Mhz along with
| Intel's GMA500, which is basically a licensed PowerVR SGX GPU.
`----

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/12/28/0257218

XBMC Remote Control App Store Application Arrives for Windows, Mac and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Check this out this morning. This new iPhone app from the App Store, called
| XBMC Remote, does just that—it lets you control your XBMC from an iPhone or
| iPod Touch. The app is pretty open-minded, too.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/5049569/xbmc-remote-control-app-store-application-arrives-for-windows-mac-and-linux
http://tinyurl.com/5k2p49

XBMC's Linux port lacks impressive features

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, XBMC is still best for people who own an Xbox. If you want a
| full-featured media center for your Linux desktop, consider an application
| like LinuxMCE that has TV tuner support and home automation controls.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/144530

Related:

XBMC Media Center: Linux port project

,----[ Quote ]
| Currently, a few developers on Team-XBMC have begun the porting of XBMC to
| Linux (and OpenGL using the SDL toolkit). The goal is for this to become a
| full port of XBMC with all the features and functions that are available on
| the Xbox version of XBMC (with the exception of Xbox exclusive functionality
| as Trainers, launching Xbox Games, and such).
`----

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=Linux_port_project

XBMC recruiting developers for Linux port

,----[ Quote ]
| The goal is for this to become a full port of XBMC containing all the
| features and functions available in the Xbox version of XBMC. This is a
| huge task which is why we are making this public request, seeking C/C++
| programmers to volunteer in assisting us with this Linux porting
| development project.
`----

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/

Blue Screen of DRM Death; or The Death Of Windows Media Center

http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesper/archive/2007/09/24/blue-screen-of-drm-death-or-the-death-of-windows-media-center.aspx