[News] Linux Shows Come in Good Numbers

Report: Linuxfest Northwest 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| I really enjoyed the show. I wish I had some pictures to share. My
| presentation was well attended so I can't complain.
|
| The last timeslot on Sunday only had a couple of presentations, nothing that
| we were really interested in... so we decided to leave early.
|
| We stopped briefly in Spokane for some dinner at a Carl Junior's. We ended up
| stopping for the night in Wallace Idaho at the Wallace Inn. It was a bit
| overpriced, the security guard was creepy and their wifi was substandard...
| but it worked.
|
| I look forward to attending LFNW next year if I can. Thanks for a great show!
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/linuxfest-northwest-2009-scottsreport.html

FLOSS Weekly 68: Cinelerra and Lumiera

,----[ Quote ]
| Guests: Joel Holdsworth and Aaron Newcomb for Cinelerra.
|
| Joel Holdsworth is a Mechanical Engineering student at Imperial College
| London. He has contributed to open source projects such as Wine and Inkscape,
| and now works as a core developer on Lumiera.
`----

http://twit.tv/floss68

LB - Episode 39 - Chad in a FOG by Linux Basement

http://www.linuxbasement.com/content/lb-episode-39-chad-a-fog-linux-basement

Microsoft us meanwhile cutting down on such things (details below).

Days ago:

Microsoft layoff details emerge

,----[ Quote ]
| More details are emerging today about the Microsoft groups affected, and
| spared, in the company's latest round of job cuts. The company isn't going
| into detail, but blogs and forums are providing plenty of evidence. Layoffs
| are reported to have taken place in groups including MSN Direct, the Massive
| in-game advertising unit, and MSDN Magazine, among others.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Microsoft_layoff_details_emerge_44481927.html

Microsoft crimps products after second wave of job cuts

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/05/07/microsoft_products_scaled_back/