Re: [News] The Criminals From Redmond Sabotage ODF

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> "Don?t encourage new, cross-platform Java classes, especially don?t help
> get great Win 32 implementations written/deployed. [...] Do encourage
> fragmentation of the Java classlib space."
>
>                                 --Ben Slivka, Microsoft
>
> Engage, embrace, extinguish
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Today we have OpenOffice.org 3.1 gets released. In the meantime, the
> | proprietary product from Redmond claims to be able to wirte ODF format,
> | but fails. Pity. Money corrupts, but MS Tax Dollars corrupts absolutely.
> `----
>
> http://harishpillay.livejournal.com/157565.html

You know two can play at the fragmentation game
and the Engage, Embrace and Extinguish game.

Frig the installers with open source ads and turn them into
chained installers.

When installing Open Office and other similar open source program, offer to
install IE and fit Firefox for safe browsing, offer to remove micoshaft
office to help eliminate BSA licesing issues for businesses and SOHO
installs, especially kids computers that may be running pirated copies,
offer GIMP to edit images, offer Seamonkey to edit web pages,
offer Linux liveCDs to create bootable liveCDs that allow PCs to
boot without windummy OSen, or when when its borken and needs repair.

Open source software installers can be leveraged to fragment
the windummy installed base by offering free alternatives
for software. Open source softare install programs  should take
the war to micoshaft and fragment their entire system
so that no one takes a second look at buying ANY of micoshaft
applications software.

I don't see why Open Source can't Engage, Embrace and Extinguish
micoshaft with their own medicine.