[News] FDA Corrupt -- 'Approves' Dangerous Devices, Linux-powered Kindle Dangerous Too (Defective by Design)

  • Subject: [News] FDA Corrupt -- 'Approves' Dangerous Devices, Linux-powered Kindle Dangerous Too (Defective by Design)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 07:45:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Safety Gap: Dangerous Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| From defibrillators to pacemakers, some experts say too many mistakes are
| making it to market. There are close to 24,000 companies across the globe
| manufacturing medical devices -- many that help people live longer, healthier
| lives. But a group of scientists in charge of inspecting these life-saving
| products say a stamp of approval by the FDA doesn't mean it's safe.
`----

http://www.ivanhoe.com/channels/p_channelstory.cfm?storyid=21332

Mr. Bezos, Tear Down This Wall

,----[ Quote ]
| Amazon is not-so-quietly building a wall between itself, its competitors, and
| open e-book formats. It’s time to show them that those of us who seek e-book
| readers without boundaries will not stand for their market monopolization and
| Soviet-style platform containment.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/perlow/?p=10006

Amazon gives a bad name to Linux by using it to attack people's freedom.

Recent:

Caving into bullies (aka, here we go again)

,----[ Quote ]
| So here we go again -- How long till we can buy Alice's Adventures in
| Wonderland and be told that this book "cannot be read aloud"?
|
| But the bigger trend here is much more troubling: Innovative technology
| company (Amazon (Kindle 2), Google (Google Books)) releases new innovative
| way to access or use content; so-called "representatives" of rights owners,
| Corleone-like, baselessly insist on a cut; innovative technology company
| settles with baseless demanders, and we're all arguably worse off.
`----

http://www.lessig.org/blog/2009/02/caving_into_bullies_aka_here_w.html

Kindle 2 hacks: bypassing Whispernet

,----[ Quote ]