[News] Ubuntu Derivatives Explored, Minimal Xubuntu 9.04 Reviewed

20 Ubuntu Derivatives You Should Know About

,----[ Quote ]
| Whether you like Ubuntu or not, it is here to stay. Ubuntu has contributed a
| lot to the Linux community in sparking interest in new Linux users and
| opening the doors to “ease-of-use” Linux. Their Influence has spread
| throughout the Linux community sparking new distributions.
`----

http://www.nixtutor.com/ubuntu/20-ubuntu-derivatives-you-should-know-about/

Minimal Xubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week we took a look at how two distributions can be so very different
| even though they are based on the same technology (and even the same
| distribution). What we found was that the Ubuntu variant, Xubuntu, which
| comes with the Xfce desktop, used more than twice the amount of memory over
| Debian's implementation of the same desktop.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20090504#feature

Recent:

Group test: netbook distros