[News] More GNU/Linux and Free Software Events Are Here: LVEE, Penguicon

The Conference

,----[ Quote ]
| The 5th International conference of developers and users of free / open
| source software “Linux Vacation / Eastern Europe” (LVEE 2009) will take place
| on July 02-05. The event combines both communication and rest of the
| enthusiasts of free software, including GNU/Linux platform, but not limited
| to it.
`----

http://lvee.org/en/main

Taking My Daughter to Penguicon This Weekend

,----[ Quote ]
| At Penguicon 7.0, there will be Linux lessons and ice cream making (What’s
| geeky about that? Using liquid nitrogen!). There will be gaming of all
| sorts –  Jane McGonigal will be running her Free Space crowd forecasting
| project –  music from the likes of Dual Core, presentations from Jon “maddog”
| Hall, and a slew of panels featuring science fiction and fantasy authors.
|
|     “The twin suns of this binary system are two communities that share
|     curiosity, creativity, and a welcoming volunteerism ethos. They are the
|     free/open source software developers and users, and fans of science
|     fiction and fantasy.”
`----

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/05/taking-my-daughter-to-penguicon-this-weekend/

Recent:

How about Portland in September?

,----[ Quote ]
| LinuxCon brings together members from all aspects of the Linux community,
| including core developers, administrators, end users, community managers and
| industry experts.
`----

http://www.novell.com/prblogs/?p=582

This weekend: LinuxFest NW

,----[ Quote ]
| In tech circles, Washington state may be best known as Microsoft’s stomping
| grounds -- but it’s also home to a thriving community of people devoted to
| Linux and other open-source programs. That community is gathering Saturday
| and Sunday in Bellingham for one of its big annual events: LinuxFest
| Northwest, now in its 10th year.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/This_weekend_LinuxFest_NW_43624367.html

'Maddog' Hall: How open-source software can dominate the world

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techflash.com/Maddog_Hall_How_open-source_software_can_dominate_the_world_43695432.html