[News] [Rival] Vista 7 is Too Fat, Won't Fit on Sub-notebooks So GNU/Linux Will Win

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista 7 is Too Fat, Won't Fit on Sub-notebooks So GNU/Linux Will Win
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 20:35:42 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft Admits Windows 7 Is Not really Suitable for Netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| By extending the availability of Windows XP until October 2010, it admits
| that Windows 7 on a netbook doesn’t really cut the mustard, and at the same
| time that the company has nothing to replace XP for that platform yet. It
| means that the lowliest version of Windows 7 is not a winner, and still gets
| beaten by Windows XP. ( Of course, they also want to take a huge swipe at
| Linux, all flavors – the availability of XP at bargain basement prices is
| going to make many think twice about ordering a netbook with any Linux
| distribution on it).
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/theoracle/2009/04/30/microsoft-admits-windows-7-is-not-really-suitable-for-netbooks/

Windows 7 leaves netbook market open for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's newest operating system Windows 7 will leave much of the
| burgeoning netbook market open for Linux because of its relatively large
| footprint. This was confirmed to iTWire by a local Microsoft executive today,
| although she did not spell it out in those words.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/24773/1023/

Recent:

Ballmer: GNU/Linux Will Win on Netbooks