[News] Inability to Learn as a Windows Trap and Perceived 'Problem' in GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Inability to Learn as a Windows Trap and Perceived 'Problem' in GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 19:23:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Forget Linux, We Need Fisher-Price Computers

,----[ Quote ]
| I don't know if Mr. O'Connor is serious or just having some fun. He does have
| some weird ideas about the purpose of the command line and computers in
| general. A lot of people make the exact same sweeping claims in all
| seriousness, as though they were spokespeople for a Silent and Dimwitted
| Computing Majority, and insist that until Linux is so easy that an
| unconscious person can use it it will never succeed. In my opinion it's a
| matter of how willing a particular individual is to learn; some folks just
| plain don't want to try. Which is their privilege, but as long as they're
| using a computer for any reason it makes no sense to resist learning how to
| use it efficiently. But then, trying to make sense of human behavior is a
| futile task, so I'm not going to think about it too much.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/opinions/6814/1/

Recent:

Linux Foundation Takes Training Online

,----[ Quote ]
| In March, the ever-innovating Linux Foundation announced a new program aimed
| at bringing the brains behind Linux together with developers-to-be in order
| to supply the increasing need for Linux talent. Now the program is going
| online, with the first two courses set to call roll by mid-month.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-foundation-takes-training-online

Related:

Linux certification comes to Italy