[News] New PCLinuxOS Magazine Released, LinuxCon Speakers Announced

The New PCLinuxOS Magazine August 2009 Issue

,----[ Quote ]
| This issue includes...
|
| PCLXDE: The PCLinuxOS LXDE 2009 Remaster
| Master The Remaster
| Repo Spotlight: addlocale and GetOpenOffice
| Behind The Scenes: Up Close With Old-Polack
| Through The Lens: Scanners With PCLinuxOS
`----

http://www.pclosmag.com/index.php/component/content/article/30-the-community/57-the-new-pclinuxos-magazine-august-2009-issue

LinuxCon announces speakers

,----[ Quote ]
| Early registration closes on Aug. 15 for the Linux Foundation's inaugural
| LinuxCon event, scheduled for Sept. 21-23, 2009, in Portland, Oregon.
| LinuxCon intends to draw a mix of end-users, administrators, and top Linux
| developers, with speakers including Linus Torvalds, Mark Shuttleworth, and
| Greg Kroah-Hartman (pictured).
`----

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6513271049.html?kc=rss

Recent:

PCLinuxOS 2009.2 fits like an old pair of jeans

,----[ Quote ]
| While PCLOS still is very similar than it was back in 2007 and it doesnât
| have the bleeding edge core components, it still has the potential to be a
| very good Linux desktop environment for new Linux users and especially if
| your hardware is slightly aged. What the project now needs to do is to
| rebuild the confidence by showing that they can provide a steady flow of
| updates to the repositories and that they can stick to their new quarterly
| schedule, while focusing on quality control and implementation. It will be
| interesting to see how the year goes for them, and I certainly wish them all
| the best.
`----

http://www.bitburners.com/articles/pclinuxos-20092-fits-like-an-old-pair-of-jeans/4444/

PCLinuxOS Quarterly ISO updates available.

,----[ Quote ]
| There has been an explosion of activity going on over here at PCLinuxOS. The
| quarterly ISO updates for PCLinuxOS 2009.2 and PCLinuxOS Gnome 2009.2 are now
| available featuring a fully updated iso with the latest applications from the
| PCLinuxOS repositories.
`----

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/?p=119

File: The New PCLinuxOS Magazine July 2009 Issue

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pclosmag.com/index.php/latest-mag/5-the-new-pclinuxos-magazine-july-2009-issue