Re: [News] Microsoft's Bribed-for Vista 7 'Coverage', as Explained by John C. Dvorak

  this bit o' wisdom:

> What is Happening to Windows 7?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Why has Windows 7 suddenly fallen off the track with negative publicity? What
>| happened? What changed?
> `----

   Microsoft has a problem -- the whole industry has a problem.

The problem is that a "Microsoft" has been allowed to persist, in a manner
that IBM and AT&T were not allowed to persist.

   At some point, maybe soon, the Registry will be the death of Windows. At
   some point people will simply refuse to go through this sort of upgrade
   process to accommodate what is essentially a mediocre architecture based
   on ideas from the 1980s.

   . . .

   If anything will drive people to Linux, it will be this Registry-centric
   architecture of Windows. Linux does not use this concept, although some
   maniacs are promoting the idea for some unknown reason.

Who?  The Mono guys?  (I'm just wondering, not claiming anything.)

--
October 12, the Discovery.
It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful to miss