[News] People Tagging: Fail

Could cracked ID cards provide privacy protection?

,----[ Quote ]
| The UK National Identity Card can be cloned and altered by IT security
| experts.
|
| Colour me unsurprised.
`----

http://www.richardskingdom.net/could-cracked-id-cards-provide-privacy-protection

High Court shields database state from blame

,----[ Quote ]
| An entrepreneur whose fledgling business was ruined by a false entry in a
| court database has had his claim for compensation rejected by a High Court
| judge.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/05/moj_andre_power/

Recent:

New ID cards are supposed to be 'unforgeable' - but it took our expert 12
minutes to clone one, and programme it with false data

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1204641/New-ID-cards-supposed-unforgeable--took-expert-12-minutes-clone-programme-false-data.html

UK ID Card Technology Cloned...

,----[ Quote ]
| No surprises there, of course; but what's significant is that it's the Daily
| Mail that's pushing this jolly news out to its assembled readers. This means
| the message is going out to groups beyond the obvious Guardian greeny-lefties
| and Telegraph Tories.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/08/uk-id-card-technology-cloned.html

Government rubbishes ID card hack report

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/07/id_card_hacked/

Related:

Labour minister says 14 year olds should get ID cards

,----[ Quote ]
| A government minister has spoken glowingly of the prospect of kids as young
| as six handing over their biometrics as she boasted that the Tories and
| LibDems would find it impossible to unpick the governmentâs ID card scheme.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/23/id_cards_offies/

The war on photographers - you're all al Qaeda suspects now

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/23/police_photographer_stops/

Bavaria sanctions police spyware

,----[ Quote ]
`----