[News] [Rival] Free Software is Much More Secure, Time to Ban Windows

Taking FOSS Security Seriously

,----[ Quote ]
| "The fact that any security issue can be seen by thousands of eyes, in fact,
| makes it easy to find and fix security issues. If you got proprietary
| software, just because the security vulnerability may not be seen in the open
| doesn't make the code more secure," Kant told LinuxInsider.

It's time to get rid of Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| I thought that the massive DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks that
| knocked Twitter and other social networks out was because of Iran's
| government trying to shut down its protesters. I was wrong. Hundreds of
| millions of Internet users were annoyed because of Windows botnet-based DDoS
| aimed at one (1) person.
|
| According to security company McAfee's director of security research Dave
| Marcus, "This was a very targeted attack, and what the research shows is that
| it was aimed at one particular person, and that person's accounts on Twitter,
| Facebook, YouTube and LiveJournal." The target is a pro-Georgian blogger, but
| he's still just one man.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/14510/its_time_to_get_rid_of_windows

Pro-Georgia blogger 'George' target of Twitter attack

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/08/07/russia.georgia.twitter.attack/

The Most Hated Man Online?

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/08/most-hated-man-online.html

Twitter Continues to Battle DDoS Attack

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/169897/twitter_continues_to_battle_ddos_attack.html

http://twitter.com/glynmoody/statuses/3169393334

"How Twitter was killed - http://bit.ly/mxj5s with a Windows botnet, probably.
Time to start suing Microsoft, maybe... #twitter #botnets "

Related:

Bots rule in cyberspace

,----[ Quote ]
`----