Re: [News] Natural Born Killers Trained at... Bill Gates Senior's

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Intel & Microsoft Killed the $100 Laptop
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>> The article points that the stand taken by Intel and
>> Microsoft is similar to the stand by large drug companies
>> who, instead of working for the illnesses that plague the
>> poor, (such as malaria) choose to focus on low-volume,
>> high-margin drugs for cancer, heart ailments and diabetes.
> `----
>
> http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Intel_Microsoft_Killed_the_100_Laptop/551-92095-581.html

THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNS:
"Use of a truly low cost netbook and Linux may lead to literacy
and open minded thinking."

Heh!

Me thinks the ARM based netbooks will go a longer way to what Mr.
Negroponte had invisioned and intended.

> Is There a Shortage of U.S. Tech Workers?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>> [...] Gates said [...] "I think that has created an
>> environment where the population of advanced skill workers
>> has shrunk a lot in the U.S., because we just haven't
>> created a fair system," he says. "Where if you go to other
>> countries, you'll find national policy around broadband
>> deployment, which creates a much more even playing field for
>> people of all income levels to learn by and work by."
>>
>> "We did it to ourselves," he says.
> `----
>
> http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/career/article.php/3667376

Why did not Microsoft continue to hire US nationals?  I would
think the right people would be able to produce a better product
if paid competitively and with proper guidance.  Me thinks rather
that Microsoft went offshore for decreased development costs and
increased profits.

--
HPT