[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Variant in India, ARM Version Developed

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Variant in India, ARM Version Developed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 11:54:31 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

10 reasons why Mint might not fail in India

,----[ Quote ]
| Last evening while reading the SA forums, I
| encountered a thread about Linux and what was
| required to bring it to the general public.
| One of the goons mentioned a post that
| indicated ten reasons why Ubuntu wasnât ready
| for the desktop in India. I kid you not â the
| most ridiculous reason was because users
| couldnât perform the important ritual of
| right click/Refreshing on the desktop five or
| more times before getting down to work.
`----

http://thelinuxexperiment.com/guinea-pigs/jake-b/10-reasons-why-mint-might-not-fail-in-india/

Canonical explains the status of Ubuntu on ARM Powered Laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| In this video, Jerone Young, Partner
| Engineer at Canonical explains the status
| of software optimizations and development
| to make ARM Powered Laptops and Desktops a
| reality. He tells about some of the
| fascinating challenges where Canonical is
| working together with the their partners
| at the Linaro group of companies (ARM,
| Freescale, IBM, Samsung, ST Ericsson,
| Texas Instrumentsâ) to realize a full
| desktop experience on ARM Powered devices,
| including full and fast web browsing and
| full access to most of the most useful
| Ubuntu applications.
`----

http://armdevices.net/2010/07/05/canonical-explains-the-status-of-ubuntu-on-arm-powered-laptops/

Recent:

Linux Mint 9 KDE Release Candidate Available

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Linux-Mint-9-KDE-Release-Candidate-Available