Re: Microsoft's Former CTO is Attacking the US Industry With Software Patents

____/ 7 on Saturday 23 Jul 2011 13:48 : \____

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> The responsibilities of ownership
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>> Jeezuzz, it's like dealing with The Mob.
>

> The patent office has become the God Father of patent trolls
> facilitating every known patent troll operation on US soil.

US citizens should pressure for a USPTO reboot or shutdown. It does
a disservice to American people who are not patent lawyers.

>> "The" patent?  I'll bet dozens of patents have been issued on that
>> concept.
>>
>>    Martin says about 30 percent of U.S. patents are essentially on things
>>    that have already been invented. In 2000, for example, the patent
>>    office granted a patent on making toast -- patent number 6080436,
>>    "Bread Refreshing Method."

Nathan likes to cook, too! Not he needs a monopoly on it.

>>    That means it's likely that Intellectual Ventures is taking a cut of
>>    whatever money Oasis gets from its lawsuits. Oasis is a company with no
>>    operations, no products, and, as far as we can tell, no employees, that
>>    is using a very broad patent from 1998 to sue over a dozen companies.

Bill and Nathan smell money and zoom in. Ethics? LOL. Who give a damn about
that, right? Remember that Bill Gates has been Nathan's financier in
all this.

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/07/22/138576167/when-patents-attack
>>>
>>> Angry Birds maker Rovio sued by Lodsys as US software patents multiply"
>>>
>>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jul/22/angry-birds-maker-rovio-
> sued-by-lodsys
>>
>> Money for nothing.  Well, *something* needs to support those empty shell
>> offices!
>>
>> Nathan Myhrvold, in spite of his outgoing nature, is really pretty creepy.

He's not outgoing. He is very arrogant.

- --