Re: Overview of 10 Linux Distros

____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Friday 11 Nov 2011 11:40 : \____

> Homer wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Verily I say unto thee that RonB spake thusly:
>>
>>> This seems like an odd list. I'm trying to figure out how Unbreakable
>>> and CentOS got in the list but Red Hat didn't?
>>
>> Ziff-Davis has a long-standing "relationship" with Oracle:
>>
>> [quote]
>> Oracle Corp. signed an exclusive global ad program with Ziff-Davis that
>> could grow to $15 million in annual print and Web ad revenue.
>>
>> Ziff-Davis and Oracle are teaming up to offer Oracle software
>> application developers a chance to buy into advertorial sections,
>> starting in December-at 73% off the rate card.
>> [/quote]
>>
>> http://adage.com/article/news/oracle-global-deal-15-mil-boon-ziff-davis-ad-
sections-offer-big-savings-software-makers/70542/

>> "Advertorial" = adverts deceptively presented as impartial editorials.
>
> Software Development Times is another IT rag pushing big-time business
> and their products.  You'd think *everybody* was loving Infragistics and
> dashboard controls.  "Developers *delighted* with Microsoft SQL Denali!"
>
> <hurl>

SD Times also promotes Mono. It's sponsored by Microsoft.

Microsoft more tightly controls some other 'development' 'magazines'.

"You want to infiltrate those. Again, thereâs two categories. Thereâs those that
are controlled by vendors; like MSJ; we control that. And thereâs those that are
independent. [...] So thatâs how you use journals that we control. The ones that
third parties control, like the WinTech Journal, you want to infiltrate."

                                --Microsoft's chief evangelist

PDF:	http://techrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/comes-3096.pdf

Dr. Roy S. Schestowitz, Research Fellow