Re: Vegan Bodybuilders??

On 2005-04-05, NYC XYZ <jack_foreigner@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm curious...is there a "clean" bodybuilder, then?  I have a good

If you're talking about the freaks in muscle comics, probably not. There are
people with good physiques and also people with good muscular development who
are required to be available for tests under rules of competition. For
example, track and field athletes. Especially at a college level, before they
turn pro and get a lot of money, it's harder to acquire drugs. College
shot-putters are pretty huge, college sprinters are muscular and very ripped.
There are very few athletes (I suspect, none) who compete in federations that
require their athletes to be available for drug tests who are both
as big as an olympic shot putter AND as ripped as an olympic sprinter. Go
figure.

> physique as it is -- like Batman instead of Superman, if you know what
> I mean (LOL) -- but I'm curious how far I can safely push myself...I'm

You're confusing different issues -- what's possible for any human on the
planet and what's possible for you. Read what Brink has posted -- one of the
key ingredients for success in any task is inherent ability. It's not enough to
just want it really really badly. For example, take a highly succesful
shotputter.  Doesn't matter how badly this guy wants it, a 4 minute mile is
probably "not possible" for him. Now you could be one of those rare specimens
with the genetics of a pro-bodybuilder -- or, more likely, you're pretty
average. If you were exceptional, you would have found out by now.

Another thing -- "safely" push yourself ? What is "unsafe" about working
your ass off in the gym. Go for it. What are you afraid of ?

> curious, since I'm 33 and really feeling my mortality (LOL) so I wanna
> find out before I head downhill...I'm wondering if where I am now is
> basically the upper limit of "natural" bodybuilding (that is, any

Again, you seem to be confusing your own limits with those of others.

Now about ovo-lacto vegetarian diets -- unlike a lot of the people blowing
smoke in this forum, I've tried training both with and without such a diet.
Didn't make any discernable difference. Just get yourself some whey powder, get
plenty of protein. If you're not attentive to this, you will not get enough
protein on an OL-vegetarian diet.

Otherwise don't worry too much. Train hard, sleep, get enough food, be
consistent and patient.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi