Re: KNode and follow-ups

  • Subject: Re: KNode and follow-ups
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 06:08:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Gunter Schelfhout wrote:

> Everytime I respond to a crossposting, KNode automatically takes the first
> group as a follow-up.
> Since you are not always aware you are responding to a crossposting, this
> can be very annoying.
> KNode should keep his hands of it.
> Anyone who knows how to fix this?

This is KNode's attempt to preserve good netiquette. KNode will also nag you
a great deal if you crosspost to many groups.

What I suggest you do is keep an eye on the fields at the top when you
compose a follow-up. It becomes instinctive. I have looked at KNode's
options many times, so I don't think you can make KNode more permissible
and allow you to throw unnecessary messages at cyberspace. I do, however,
think that the single follow-up-to group _must_ be the one where the
message got read. I think it currently chooses just the first group in the
original list, so you may never see any replies to your post.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com