Re: Knode crashes

  • Subject: Re: Knode crashes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 06:13:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
S. Cargo wrote:

> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>
>> Knode quite often crashes for me - maybe twice a week.
>> I don't mind too much,
>> as it seems to work fine when I restart it.
>>
>> I get an error screen which tells me
>> to register an error with bugzilla,
>> but I've no idea how to get any information about the crash.
>>
>> I haven't noticed any common features with the crashes,
>> except perhaps they occur when I give commands too quickly.
>>
>> Anyone else have the same experience?
>>
> I just upgraded to 0.9.1    The previous version was crashing on me,
> but 0.9.1 has been solid for about 5 days now.

I can only recall KNode 0.7.5 (SuSE 8.2, KDE 3.1) crashing once (maybe a
little more) in the past 2 years. I don't think I /ever/ lost any data or a
message in progress (even though I wrote over 3,000 posts). To me, KNode is
the very symbol of stability.

Anyway, I did not answer your question, but I think I added my 2 cents to
this discussion, which initially gave KNode a bad reputation.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com