Re: Very disappointed and shocked by the new Yanoff

AaronJ wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>>Laurent Bugnion wrote:
>
>>> Finally, the "minus" version of Yanoff is infested with reminder of how
>>> much better the "plus" version is. Some of these annoying reminders are
>>> even presented under the form of a pop-up. Some buttons have their text
>>> replaced by something like "Register" "to get" "this feature" and the
>>> likes. I mean, it's funny (not) the first time you see it, but after a
>>> moment, it gets really annoying and makes you want to throw your PDA
>>> through the window.
>>

>>If you use a free version, I don't think you have the right to complain
>>about this particular aspect.
>
> Cmon Roy, he has a *right* to complain about anything he wants. This is
> Usenet after all. Just as you seem to want to use your *right* to complain
> about his rights... ;)

Being relatively impartial, I was trying to defend the product as well as
defend the right to implement "nags" (that's why I said "this particular
aspect"). I imagine that the developer, who probably watches over this
thread (I notified him), would have come up with a similar argument.

> But really I appreciate his honest review. It certainly beats those so
> called reviews on many of the Palm sites that are really camouflaged ads.
> "Oh I just happened to be over at ebook this morning and saw this neat
> book about...".

Yes, I know what you mean. More unfortunately, such sites have hit Google
News, which makes it really obnoxious.

> I had considered trying the updated Yanoff product. But I too hate those
> annoying reminders. So the review saved me the trouble of loading up the
> trial. The author certainly has other less obnoxious ways to protect
> himself such as using a time limit. But of course he has a *right* to do
> it any way he wants, and the market will decide. That's the *right* way...
> ;)

Agreed. Exactly my point...

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com