Re: Microsoft Linux lab ...

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Linux lab ...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:54:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
John Kloosterman <JClosed_AD_netscape_DoT_net> wrote:

> John Karpich wrote:
>> This shot was supposedly taken in the Microsoft Linux Lab.
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2300-9593_22-5830265-1.html
>>
>> Check out the boxes to the right of the penguins on the wire rack.
>>
>> Should we be worried ?
>
> Well - i dont think so (at least - no more then we normally would)..
>
> I have no doubt Microft is studying a lot of OS'es just to keep "in
> touch" with the competition. I personally also have no doubt Microsoft
> is incorporating GPL-ed software in their kernel. They can do this
> because nobody, exept the programmers or people under heavy
> restrictions, can see the source code. But - as i said - thats only a
> personal view.
>
> I would seriously doubt their sanity if they dont look at other OS-es. I
> am sure they want to "beat the competition" because theire income and
> grip on the consumer depends on it.
>
> So - nothing new here....
>
> John.

Nothing to see here, move along... *smile*

http://blog.monkeymethods.org/2005/01/bill-gates-strikes-pose-for-teen-beat.html

See that machine at the back? Bill sure knew what he liked about Apple. It
was only a matter of time until he snatched what Microsoft found suitable.
In my humble opinion, Microsoft have a tradition of finding out nice
features to copy. Sooner or later they might incorporate a pager, system
monitor and nice widgets into their core. They have to keep with the
competition, right? So why not offer the same, thereby addressing the
deficiencies of Windows and let people have fewer reasons to migrate
'away'?

Again, it's just an opinion...