Re: AdSense in Blogs

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Yes, I was going to point this out, but it was off-topic at the time.
> The
> _front_ page of the blog is usually a few days behind in terms of
> advertisements. Permanent links, however, is where AdSense might get it
> right, provided it is not deceived by footers, blogrolls and the like.
> If
> the page is semantically-rich, this might help AdSense cope with the
> 'noise'.

Big problem, indeed. Definitely worth its own thread. Google has just came
up with a nice idea to emphasize or downplay parts of content on your
pages with special tags (
https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=23168 ), but
they still say "give us two weeks to respond to your changes".
I think the only way to combat the temporary irrelevance on short-lived
pages is to separate largely different content sections into their own
subdomains. I'm going to start experimenting with it in few days although
it will probably take couple month before any trend will become apparent.

Cheers,
Dmitri
http://www.1-script.com/download.php
Free Search Engine Scripts

Article posted with Web Developer's USENET Archive
http://www.1-script.com/forums
alt.internet.search-engines - 12500 messages and counting!