Re: AdSense in Blogs

_____/ On Thursday 25 August 2005 16:29, [Mikkel Møldrup-Lakjer] wrote :
\_____

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i en meddelelse
>>
>> As I think about it again, they do some 'caching' on the matches. New
>> pages
>> are more likely to be assigned public announcements, yet once a suitable
>> ad
>> gets assigned to the page, it is likely to repeat itself.
>
> I have noticed that the more stupid ones or the wild shots - like the ad
> for quitting smoking on the Maya ritual page - are more likely to appear
> as the first ads on the page after the public service ads are taken off.
> After some time, Google tends to select from a narrower range of topics -
> in my case usually hotels of Guatemala (which is acceptable though maybe
> not entirely satisfactory to me).
>
> In the long run, Google seems to have a bit higher relevance for its ads
> than at first.
>
> The problem remains, off course, that a *blog* posting is read on the day
> of its posting and a couple of days after that, but by the time Google
> manages to find a bit of relevance for its ads, the page is already old.

Yes, I was going to point this out, but it was off-topic at the time. The
_front_ page of the blog is usually a few days behind in terms of
advertisements. Permanent links, however, is where AdSense might get it
right, provided it is not deceived by footers, blogrolls and the like. If
the page is semantically-rich, this might help AdSense cope with the
'noise'.

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
http://Schestowitz.com