Re: CIA Factbook Errors

_____/ On Thursday 25 August 2005 20:44, [Mikkel Møldrup-Lakjer] wrote :
\_____

> "T.J." <no1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i en meddelelse
>>
>> How can you create a website without content?
>> As I said in my OP this looks like a great source of content.
>> Why spend hours researching the facts about a country when
>> you have a site, like this where you all the information is readily
>> available in a format that you can simply copy extracts from?
>
> Because the CIA Factbook is notoriously flawed with idiotic errors like
> saying that Britain received its independence in the 19th century, and -
> which is probably worse - filled with "facts" determined by the policy of
> the incumbent US government rather than an desinterested point of view?

I bet there are people lurking out there trying to just trip up the CIA by
spotting errors. The Factbook is far less likely to make mistakes when
compared with other sources. The exception would be governmental sites that
are native rather than data that is centralised in the US bureaus.

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
http://Schestowitz.com