Re: Great source for "useless facts" in sigs ;)

__/ On Thursday 25 August 2005 20:46, [Mikkel Møldrup-Lakjer] wrote : \__

> "www.1-script.com" <info_at_1-script_dot_com@xxxxxxx> skrev i en
> meddelelse news:%9nPe.151173$Fd1.150234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Hey Roy (wink-wink) I think I now know where I can get *my* 'useless
>> facts' from ;)
>
> *LOL*!
>
> :-D Mikkel

You need some scripts first, but I doubt you'll have any problem
(wink-wink). These are very fundamental programs. Will you scrape random
facts from the book? For example:

- wget -r -l1 -H -t1 -nd -N -np
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/print/bd.html

- (Pseudo code) Go to random table cell (match <td>)

- Fetch content

- Put in .signature

Okay, now let's try a few:

===
Natural hazards:
        hurricanes (June to November)
===

Hmmmmmmmm.... ahh? Wha? not good...

===
Sex ratio:
        at birth: 1.02 male(s)/female
===

Hmmmmmmmm.... I hope AdSense will not be bound to the resulting page in the
forum.

===
Budget:
        revenues: $671.1 million
expenditures: $594.6 million, including capital expenditures of $55 million
(FY03/04)
===

Yeah baby! Look at me!

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Lions are like hippie tigers"
http://Schestowitz.com