Re: Please don't feed the trolls

__/ On Friday 26 August 2005 14:30, [General Schvantzkoph] wrote : \__

> There seems to be a lot more trolling going on recently sometimes these
> guys even announce that they are looking to start a flame war. If everyone
> would just ignore these posts instead of biting on their hooks they would
> go away. It doesn't do anyone any good to clutter up the newsgroups with
> pointless threads trying to convince some troll that he's mistaken in his
> beliefs. If some Windows user is asking a legitimate question about how to
> do something in Linux just answer the question even if it's a seemingly
> stupid question. But if some post uses the expression "sucks" then just
> ignore it.

I sometimes wonder if the Windows newsgroups, to which I am not subscribed,
have similar types of trolls that provoke Windows advocates. Either way, I
second your thoughts, but I too was guilty of replying to 'flatfish'.

Ironically, much attention gets diverted to this summer's trolls rather than
technical queries, which decrease due to absence from work.