Re: Palm OS and WiFi

__/ [Zombie Elvis] on Monday 29 August 2005 08:36 \__

> It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs
> and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: Roy
> Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> <derdo3$la7$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

<sarcasm type="friendly">

Can your news reader fit such a long introductory phase or was it
hand-coded?

</sarcasm>

>> __/ On Sunday 28 August 2005 03:43, [mike] wrote : \__
>>

>> > as per topic, which are the pdas with built-in wifi???
>> >
>> > thanks..
>>
>> Tungsten C:
>>
>> http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/tungsten-c/
>>
>> LifeDrive:
>>
>> http://www.palm.com/us/products/mobilemanagers/lifedrive/wireless.epl
>>
>>    (for some reason, I am hesitant in believing this is so)
>
> It does believe me.

I was attacked in the NG for suggesting that Wi-Fi was safe. I have always
been sure to cover my *ss ever since.

>> Perhaps more devices have built-in out-of-the-box Wi-Fi, but I suspect
>> not...
>>
> Wi-fi is actually pretty common on PocketPC PDAs but more rare on
> PalmOS PDAs.

I never required Wi-Fi (or an Internet connection for that matter) on my
PDA. Any inclusion of such a feature against my desire would only boost the
price unnecessarily.

Roy S. Schestowitz        Gas, brake, honk! Honk, honk, Punch! Gas, gas!
http://Schestowitz.com