Re: Extensions, JRE, and Music

__/ ["WD10" <.>] on Monday 29 August 2005 10:13 \__

>> __/ ["WD10" <.>] on Monday 29 August 2005 09:40 \__
>>>A browser with
>>> those features integrated would be perfect and the next generation would
>>> understand how to use it.  I wonder how difficult it would be to write a
>>> Firefox extension that does what Net Snippets does.  If I had enough
>>> free time I would look into it...
>>

>> It's Java Runtime Environment. Give it time. It's where all the hype is
>> headed.
>
> Do you mean a tool like that should be written in Java?

I mean, merely anything you write in Java can (should) be incorporated into
Firefox in one way or another. Think of Firefox as a Java platform -- that
is -- a virtual machine that assembles and delegates power to many child
processes. Maybe Mozilla will one day become an all-in-one application.
Thunderbird and Firefox I was told have been combined to be called
Seamonkey. Time will tell it it will 'take'. Let's not forget that they
used to be joint in the Mozilla Suite, formerly known as Netscape.

>> Depends on what sites it's aimed at as a starting point. At the moment
>> (as those sites are volatile) I select sites from this Wiki:
>>
>> http://wiki.monkeyfilter.com/index.php?title=MP3_Blog_Listing
>>
>> If you have a modern Mac or _nix box, see entry below:
>>
>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/08/10/music-obscurity/
>>
>> This latest items points to some older ones. If you use Windows, you can
>> 'hand-pick' the MP3's instead of recurse and dispose.
>
> I'll look into it...

Excellent. *smile*

Roy S. Schestowitz        Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
http://Schestowitz.com