Re: File Timestamps

  • Subject: Re: File Timestamps
  • From: "Allan Jones" <a.jones@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 30 Aug 2005 05:32:25 -0700
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.laptops
The original poster describes a way of working that sounds similar to
my own. I tend to work at stuff on an office computer, and away from
the office on any one of three notebooks. I transfer folders between
these computers on a USB memory stick.

The possibility for getting mixed up, and not having the right file on
the right machine, is huge. I've found Andrew Cutforth's AJC Directory
Synchroniser (http://www.ajcsoft.com/index.php) invaluable. I much
prefer it to Windows's built-in Suitcase synchroniser.

Once you've grasped how to use it, it's pretty simple. I recommend it.

Allan