Re: 100% height of a div inside a TD

__/ [Lamberti Fabrizio] on Monday 29 August 2005 08:51 \__

Hi Lamberti,

I have read your message twice, but I still fail to grasp what you are
trying to achieve, why, and how.

> The table example is this:
>
>   2
>       2b 1
>       4 5
>       7 8

What is the symbolic meaning of the digits? Could you pad it with some
hyphens ("-") and vertical pipes ("|")?

>  I've got the problem described in the table above.

Have you got a URL where this can be viewed? Code and rendered HTML is
easier to appraise/criticise.

> I've put a div red with some text inside a TD, but its height is less than
> 100% of TD height as you can see.

It is not good practice to embed divs in table cells.

I fail to see it, but maybe somebody else can visualise it more easily than
me.

> I've defined the following styles:
>
> div.test { background-color:red; height:100%; width: 100%; }
> table.test { border: 1px solid #CCCCCC; background-color:yellow; }
> td.test { border: 1px solid #CCCCCC; }

It would be helpful to see the corresponding HTML so that we can view it our
browsers.

> does anyone know a solution ?
>
> Please help me.
>
> Regards to all
>
>   2
>       2b 1
>       4 5
>       7 8

I sincerely wish to help, but I would argue that you did not provide enough
clear information. I could venture some guesses, but will not be able to
test the outcome as I lack the corresponding (X)HTML code.