Re: Empty Edit menu in KWrite

__/ [Albert Oppenheimer] on Monday 12 December 2005 00:32 \__

> When I poke the Edit and Tools menus in KWrite, there's nothing on them,
> just a little menu stub shows up.  And the commands that are supposed to be
> on the Edit menu don't work, like Ctrl-F doesn't bring up the Find dialog.
>
> All of KEdit's menus work fine, so I've been using it for editing, but I'd
> still like to fix KWrite.  I'm using KDE 3.3.2.
>
> Any idea how I can get KWrite to work properly?
>
> Thanks,
>    Allie

You might have to re-build it, I suspect. KWrite is more powerful than KEdit,
which is now left out by default in KDE installations, at least as far as I
can tell.

What happens if you run 'kate'? It embeds KWrite within it. Any luck there?
Any other applications that behave oddly? Has KWrite ever worked all right?

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Stand for nothing and you will fall for anything"
  6:50am  up 1 day 13:59,  16 users,  load average: 1.22, 0.62, 0.53