Re: Good Password Choice (Was: chmod and security)

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:55:59 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> scrawled:

> It  is no wonder so many sites and machines continue to get hijacked. More
> and  more  systems begin to force period password changes and introduce  a
> variety  of  rules including a dictionary lookup. Don't get me started  on
> the  habits  of writing passwords on paper notes. Set up a site without  a
> 'fetch password using E-mail' feature and you'll have a support nightmare.

We had to get rid of a bulletin board because it did just that AND had
no way for administrators to retrieve the password  (no, I didn't
choose or implement it)

--
MGW
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've