Re: muscles heat

  • Subject: Re: muscles heat
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 04:46:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.fitness.weights
jP wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> More points to ponder: are you eating differently?
>
> I'm also cutting calories and the compostition of what I am eating.
> I'm 230 lbs, 6'3", and I want to get down to 205lbs, relatively lean
> weight.  Drop some fat, and replace it with muscle.   I'm not cutting
> calories drastically though.  I'm keeping to about 2000 to 2300 a day,
> which is about 500 less than I normally eat.   I'm also trying to eat
> about a 30/60/10 ratio of protein, carbs, and fats.  I plan to up the
> level or protein a bit soon.   Giving myself realistic 6 months to reach
> my goal.
>
> I'm not sure how this would contribute to a slight feeling of heat in
> the muscles though.
>
>> Has the weather or clothing changed? Have you been exposed to the sun
>  > more often then before?
> Nope, not a factor.   I'm a programmer under artificial lights most of
> the day.  I work outside (lot of yard work, mowing, trimming, landscape
> maint) for about 4-6 hours on the weekends.  But that is regular for me
> in the summer.
>
>> The body repearing itself is a process that, in my opinion, will not
>> release much thermal energy. Soreness is more likely to be a cause for
>> that.
>
> I do not feel sore anymore at all.   Definately felt sore the first
> week, but not anymore.
>
> This excess heat is mild, but noticeable.   I feel it mainly in my
> shoulders, triceps, biceps, and quads right now, even as I type.  It
> doesn't feel  like sore muscles to me --not a painful sensation.
>
> Joe

First of all, the sensation of heat doesn't sound like anything worth
worrying about. It is definitely unaffected by your lifestyle, which apart
from diet and exercise has not changed upside-down.

The reduced amount of calories does not justify increased burning of energy
that results in excess heat. It is, however, capable of making you less
drowsy -- perhaps a symptom of plentiful eating. Given that, maybe you are
sensing increased tendency to energetic motion? This can assist your diet
further, I suppose.

The reason I asked about exposure to sunlight is that it stimulates heat and
a burning-like feeling on the surface of the skin, even if it has not
over-tanned.

You mentioned that the heat is felt mostly around the muscles that you
exercise and not sensed in some random fashion. Rather, there is a logical
pattern. Perhaps you can take a few days off later on and see how it
affects things. Making this change might help you learn better about the
reactions of your body to exercise.

All the best of luck to you. I hope you will reach all your goals.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com